
We had a pirate birthday party for Kolby and Junie, and Jess planned it, so of course there was lots of awesome pirate swag. She foolishly included smarmy pirate teeth in the party bags, as if Tukk needs them. He packs his pirate party teeth with him everywhere he goes. Aargh, mateys.
The next day while I was taking the kids on one of the Bugs' Life rides I looked over to see this: That's right: 3 churros at once. I would judge him, but since he asked me what he should get me for a souvenir and the only thing I really wanted was another churro, I guess I don't have a lot of room to talk. I gotta say, the churro was hands down the best souvenir I've ever gotten.
I'm pretty sure watching their parents pack away the carbs and sugar made these two very proud.
I blame Klive for my overindulgence. If you can't eat the baby, might as well eat the next best thing...
This dude was awesome the whole trip. He went on EVERY SINGLE ride he was tall enough for. His favorites were Pirates of the Caribbean and Thunder Mountain Railroad. He even did Space Mountain and the Tower of Terror. It was so fun having him there. Also, he used his skeleton skills to scare off all the evil pirates and ghosts on Pirates of the Caribbean & The Haunted Mansion. Double bonus. 

Proof that these guys understand what it really means to look radical.
I think Tukker thought Sully was going to eat him, because after we snapped the picture he ran over with a huge grin on his face and said, "He was nice to me!" like he just couldn't believe it.
CJ showed us his awesome fire ninja moves.
Jed got nervous that Cole might start thinking CJ was cooler than him, so he gave it a go, too. It's hard to say who the better fire ninja is.


These two are still besties. I think they spend most of their time plotting to overthrow the free world, but watching them together will still melt your heart.
I think Yaya might have enjoyed this more than Disneyland, which is saying something, seeing as how she's a serious Disney crackhead.
We all rented a house together, which was really nice because the kids played together all evening. Plus we had our own hot tub and pool. Plus we didn't have to almost kill the children every night after being cooped up in a cramped hotel room together for hours on end. Hooray for a child-abuse free week!
We couldn't afford to rent two strollers, so they had to double up. We were saving our money for churros. Priorities, people. Priorities.
Luckily we found this little gem tucked away in one of the closets at the house we rented. It was filthy and frightening, and I'm pretty sure it was covered in at least three flesh-eating viruses, but it saved us $15 a day in stroller rentals. Which translates into almost 5 churros. Totally worth the risk of flesh-eating viruses.
We also spent a day at the beach.
This guy announced, "I'm goin' pee in the sand!" and immediately dropped his pants. Cole wasn't quick enough to grab him before he committed the dual crimes of indecent exposure and public urination, yet was somehow quick enough to catch it on film. Interesting. However, Tukk found a patch of sand in Frontierland at Disney and actually asked if he could pee there BEFORE dropping his drawers, so we're making progress. And no, I didn't just let him go right there; I made him go to the restroom. I know you were wondering. Jerks.
Do you see the excitement on Tukk's face? I'm pretty sure he's showing off a rock he found. Not a seashell... a rock. The little man gets excited about everything. Life is a gigantic adventure for the Tukkster. Hanging out with him is pure awesomeness.
I'm not actually sure what was happening in this picture. I just know I'm married to a beautiful, beautiful man. This photo proves that Disneyland isn't the only place in California where magic can happen.
Do you see the excitement on Tukk's face? I'm pretty sure he's showing off a rock he found. Not a seashell... a rock. The little man gets excited about everything. Life is a gigantic adventure for the Tukkster. Hanging out with him is pure awesomeness. We had to go back for more Thunder Mountain Railroad fun. CJ loved it.
The Jungle Cruise.
Heimlich's super scary ride of death from boredom. The only thing that made it fun was listening to Cole and Jed (Cole's bff, also referred to as Cole's other wife) giggling at all the talk of watermelon and shticks in Heimlich's German accent.
They enjoyed it so much they had to ride it again the next day... together. That's totally normal, right? 
And we had an obligatory smooch in front of the castle. How can you resist a guy that doesn't even look surprised (or disgusted) when you ask for a churro for your souvenir? He gets me. He really gets me.
7 comments:
That looks like fun! I'm still not brave enough to take my kids yet:) I love the censored pic, I'm glad my boy isn't the only one that does that, and yes he Still tries to do that! BTW love your bangs, so cute.
I want to be part of your family! You always have the best time and I love the way you retell your adventures.
Can I just say...the churro picture is the BEST PICTURE EVER!! ps. Thanks for inviting us - losers, we would have told you no but still, come on - you know you like the rejection.
-NIF-
BEST TRIP EVER!!!!
As fun as the trip sounds... it's weird that you left out the BEST part! Seeing the Judd's!!! It's ok, we know it was the highlight of your trip. Even if it was only for 45 glorious mins!
It was super fun to see you guys. We miss you! Glad we got to hang out, even if it was only for a min. And I wish I would have eaten a churro. What was I thinking?!
Looks like you had a great time! Cole cracks me up. Those Churros are amazing. I love Disneyland it never disappoints :)
We love us some Disneyland and Churros too!!!
Post a Comment