I can hardly believe I'm writing this, but Tukker turned 18!
He's such a good sport. It feels like every year we have some family thing on his birthday (usually the Bog weekend), and he's good to just roll with whatever. This year his birthday fell the Saturday before Winnie's mission farewell, but he said he didn't mind celebrating in Pocatello.
We drove up Friday night, then partied hard all day Saturday.
We made this balloon arch especially for him (not for Winnie's farewell, I swear!).
And the Johnsons went with us to Extreme Rush, a new fun center in Pokie, for some go cart racing. I tried not to steal the show on Tukk's big day, but I'm basically a go cart supermodel so it's hard to help myself.
The racing was a blast. Cole was the fastest, of course, but Tukk and I were right on his tail. June ended up taking 3rd because she had the third fastest lap, but Tukk did two more laps than her, so he was faster overall.
Caulder and Rand played a mean game of Halo, then we headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner with everyone.
Ry's family and the Babe came up Saturday (Yaya was in New York with Darby), so we had quite a group for dinner.
Tukk was a good sport and even rode the birthday saddle. We almost died when we had to come home from dinner and eat birthday cake, but we powered through for Tukker.
Then Sunday we went to Winnie's farewell. Her talk was amazing, and she and June performed a really beautiful musical number.
I'm not quite sure how the last 18 years went so fast, but we are so lucky to have Tukk. He is funny and smart and helpful and always up for an adventure, and he's about the most chill person you'll ever meet.
He loves to be on the go—he's always out with friends, fishing, hiking, visiting his grandparents, stopping by to help them with projects, and heading to McDonald's because he is always hungry. And he freaking rocks the sleeveless shirt look.
We love him so, so much. I know I say this every year, but what a gift his life is. We are grateful for that miracle every single day.





No comments:
Post a Comment