Sunday, August 5, 2012

Our New Addition

You guys are totally panicking right now, aren't you? Don't worry, Armageddon isn't imminent... I'm not pregnant. But after old Sakalou died the boys were very sad, and Caulder kept saying, "I just want to know when we're going to get another dog."

I argued that I was still mourning Sakett. Cole just rolled his eyes. Then I said we had a Tukk, who is tiny and adorable and super messy, so we didn't really need a puppy. There was more eye rolling. And then one day when we were coming home from Fairview Canyon Cole said he'd seen some puppies advertised in the area, so we should just stop by and check it out since we were already down that way. I figured it couldn't hurt to just stop by to check - not actually shop - so I agreed.

Oh, foolish Misty.

Because then we met this:


It should be quite obvious by now that I'm a complete and total sucker for brown eyes. Plus she made Caulder smile. So before I knew it, we were driving home like this:

 

 And now we're doing a lot of this:
And a lot of this:
And cracking up whenever she pounces Tukker and tries to eat him, because half the time while she's trying to tear his curly out he says, "Wook! She wubs me!" Caulder is convinced he's her favorite, because she thinks he's a superhero and she's his sidekick.

She's a Golden Doodle. I know, the name is a little embarrassing. It's a cross between a standard poodle (the big ones, not the little purse dogs) and a golden retriever. Her name is Muggzy Trailer Sunshine, which is still somehow less ridiculous than Golden Doodle. Caulder wanted to call her Golden Sunshine and Tukker wanted to name her Trailer Pee Wee Herman, so we had to compromise. Although I have to admit that Trailer Pee Wee Herman was pretty brilliant.


I'm still not sure I'm happy about having a puppy... no matter what it might look like in this picture. But my boys are loving it. Especially the big one. So I guess I'm stuck with her. At least there's finally another girl in the Bott house.

2 comments:

Shayli & Kenyon said...

Can I come cuddle this pup? So cute

Jennifer said...

You need to bring Muggzy Trailer Sunshine up to meet Tippy Toe Collard...I can tell they are going to be instant friends. :) (And good luck with the puppy stage,I almost killed out pup more times than I can count...but I sure love the dumb mutt.)

St. Geezy Girls' Trip

We finally resurrected the St. George girls' trip! We used to go every summer, but it's been years since we've been down to see ...