We were all really dreading the first day of first grade. Cole and I have been depressed that Caulder will be away from us all day. Forever. Boo. And we were nervous about how he'd handle being there all day. There were a few tears in the morning before we left (and, if I'm honest, I shed a few the night before), but when we got to school we all held up like champs (even me... hooray!).
We may or may not have gone down at 11:30 to have lunch with him. We were trying to pretend it was because we didn't want him to be anxious about the lunch room scene on his first day, but one of our neighbors teaches there and as soon as she saw me she started laughing and said, "Just can't let go, huh?" Busted. We can't help ourselves. We kind of like this kid.
And I found this in his backpack:
But he was still smiling. So I'm calling it a victory.



No comments:
Post a Comment